The San Diego County Engineering Council (SDCEC) is an umbrella organization with membership open to all engineering societies and engineering educational institutions with activities in San Diego County and nearby areas.
The Council is organized and intended to comply with and be operated exclusively for charitable purposes, including the furtherance of educational endeavors and other exempt purposes within the meaning of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
The Council purpose is to promote public awareness of engineering organization events, STEM educational opportunities, STEM related public service activities, and achievements in engineering and technology. The Council serves to promote communication and coordination among its member organizations to help promote each organization’s successful community outreach.
SDCEC accomplishes these purposes in two ways:
1) Internally supporting our member’s ability to flourish as an engineering society and be a supportive member of our engineering community, and
2) Externally by promoting our engineering community across San Diego County and its nearby areas.
Internal support to members includes:
1) Sharing information of member activities among our societies and institutions. SDCEC is the go to point for dissemination of information regarding member society’s events, speakers, educational programs, and community outreach.
2) Support member organizations to grow and operate effectively. Promote by providing an environment for sharing successful ideas, processes, and policies of member organizations.
a) Provide opportunities for networking among member society leaders.
b) Maintain a central information source for member organizations including officers,
contact information, and web site links.
3) Promote member society achievements such as society awards, and individual society member honors and publications.
External support for promoting our engineering community within the county includes:
1) Provide a central point for organizing and implementing Engineering Week activities.
2) Support public relation needs of member societies to enhance public awareness of society events, educational opportunities, and public service activities.
3) Coordinate or support multiple society community activities including STEM related activities, engineering support to Government and non-profits, and community educational initiatives.